2 year battle with french bureaucracy

Patf

We are having a celebration this week because Hooray, two years after buying our 2nd dog we have at last received her Certificate of Identification! She was tattooed when we bought her and we sent off the tattoo cert. as instructed to show change of owner  but it must have got lost in the post. Then we had her microchipped, but she couldn't be registered without the tattoo cert also. So started the struggle to get a replacement cert. This involved several letters to various people, in french. Eventually we received the new cert, but getting the microchip registered was problematic too as my husband's name was spelt differently on 2 documents. But this week it was all sorted out and we have the Cert of ID. I feel like having it framed. I should add that our vet was very helpful in all this. Anyone else had such complications? Pat.

Certainly the SCC don’t move too quickly for registration changes. When pups are born papers seem very quick. However, my French pup’s registration (after purchasing her) took over 9 months to come through – and that was without any of the complications you describe. Fortunately I had been warned that it would take 7 months.

Glad to hear you have it all sorted out now.

Ian