A Home for Oliver, please?

Christine Animal

Hello, my name is Christine Aubertin, Animal Aid, we have been taking care of homeless pets for "donkey's years".  By the way, bravo for the new site Animal Matters, marvellous idea.

We lived up on the edge of Normandy and have recently come down to the Deux-Sèvres, Poitou-Charentes where we are continuing to do what we can.

My present quest is for Oliver, a lovely 6 year old French poodle.  His owners are returning to England and dogs are not allowed in their new residence.  They had two little dogs, both rescued from the SPA a few years ago.  We have found a home for one of them, but Oliver still needs a family.  For a Caniche 6 years is not old, he probably has a good ten years in front of him and is just nice and "mature", quiet and well behaved.  He would make lovely company for a retired couple, for example.  When I went to the Niort refuge last August with some English people who wanted a dog, there was someone abandoning a little 10 year old poodle and, not being able to bear this, I brought him home, he is now eleven and is as fresh and chirpy as any of the younger dogs.

Oliver is in the Bourges, Nevers area, which is not a problem as his owner is ready to take him to someone offering a new home.  There is a photo of Oliver on the Adoptions photos page of our little site http://animalaidsaintaubin.monsite.wanadoo.fr

Is there someone out there willing to open up their heart and their home to Oliver?

Merci bien, Christine

• 2 months later...