Feeding Raw?

Afy

Any one feeding a raw diet to their dog? if so where are you sourcing meat from? Potentially I need to source about 2 KGs of RMB for the dug (as I refer to her) begining March. Willing to buy half a cow at a time, would appreciate quality I could cook and eat as well. Since I know that is what the wife will feed me.  ;)

• 2 months later...

We feed our dog raw food which we get from a local(ish) butcher.  The butchers in our tourist village were very sniffy about being asked whether they would supply RMBs for a dog (almost as if why would they stoop to such a level) but a butcher in the non-tourist local town has been really helpful.  We used to get mostly chicken necks with a side supply of "sternum de veau".  We've stopped the chicken neck order for the time being and are now getting 50:50 sternum and lamb breast.

Ask around would be my advice.

Been feeding BARF diet on and off for a while, probably less now than

ever due to not having the space for the freezer & the convenience

of the dry what with starting the business, my own renovations and

hunting. Could you give me ideas on what you are paying per K from your

butchers for the RMBs please. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am paying about 17 Euros per 10 KG of Chicken (whole), about 7 for Liver/Kidneys, and about 4.5 for Beef in lots of 20 Kg.

The upside is the meat is good and even we can cook it and eat it... though the dog looks at us funny when we raid "her" freezer...