Looking for a goat

Chantal

Does anyone know where to get a goat in the dordogne area, we are looking for one as a present for friends. preferably a smaller breed.

anyone know a breeder or a shelter where we can get a rescued one?
any help apreciated.

Chantal

Hi Chantal

If you put this search in Google

chevre vendre dordogne

you'll find a bunch of small ads for goats!  The first one on the list (the small ads section of www.pays-de-bergerac.com) is even bilingual.  But I think it is for recipes to cook a goat. 

The second one looks more promising

vivastreet goat advert

It's Gironde 33 and has several goats of various sizes and hues for sale.  And guinea fowl.  And miniature Percheron foals.

Thing is, you can also put in a request on some of these online ad sites asking for stuff so if you're looking for a goat may be worth putting an ad in.

Hi,

There is a farm called le Chaudron Magique, close to Brugnac. It is run as a working farm as well as a tourist attraction.They sell products made from their goats, sheep, rabbits etc. ie wool, garments, yoghurt, sausage, pate etc. They might well sell you a goat. The owner speaks very good English. Unfortunately I do not have the telephone number here in the UK, but I'm sure that someone out there can help.

Regards

Paul Bradford

Go to www.acountrylife.com  and contact 'Hardworking Hippy'. She and her partner live just south of Bergerac and have a herd of angora goats, the 'extras' of which they sometimes sell. Angoras are a beautiful breed - HH also has lots of pictures about them and her self sufficiency life style, which is amazing, on the Total France website. A very nice and helpful lady.