fosse septique

Hi all,
Just completed on our house last week and we are now preparing for the slog ahead of all the renovation work.
This leads to my question, our immobilier as advised not to put a fosse in straight away as the law is changing next year and there may be help from the local council. Is this the case?
There is a sytem in place at the moment but I think it's not very good (in fact bodged). We have the money in place for a new system but if our agent is correct then some of this could be used elsewhere, any advice would be greatly appriciated before we start to spend!

Regards Jon

> This leads to my
>question, our immobilier as advised
>not to put a fosse
>in straight away as the
>law is changing next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>and there may be help
>from the local council. Is
>this the case?

Well, in 2000 our agent told us that by 2002 the whole of France would be on Mains Drainage BUT we are still waiting. The local opinion is that our village will be the last because we don't have the funds! So I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

You could ask at your local Mairie.

Bon courage

Gill

You will only find out by asking your local council. There is no standard policy. In several areas it has been necessary since the beginning of this year for every house sold to have a survey done, like the asbestos and termite surveys, of the drainage arrangments, and if the system installed doesn't come up to scratch regarding the 2005 rules, the buyers have to rectify that (at their own cost). Different areas have different interpretations of what is needed under the rules anyway.

Will (50)
Forum moderator