Dog Training

pigeon

We live in the north dordodgne region bordering the Limousin and we are looking for a dog trainer as we  have a very unrully 7 month old Collie that we have tried everything to train her with no success we are at our wits end with her, she won't come back to the call when off the lead, any help please  

Sorry for the delay due to lack of electricity since the snow!

Bit far away from us I am afraid but if you give a bit more information about him might be able to help you on line.

Have you had him since a pup? Is he sheepdog collie, ie border collie? Is he castrated? What colour is he? (can make a difference in temperament) What is his normal temperament? Is he excited by toys or is he food motivated? Is he just bolting or playing and refusing to come back?

• 4 weeks later...

It sure is - we have a rescued Border Collie pup, now 7 months old, who we have had since she was 7 weeks old.  I have attended puppy training with her since she was fully vaccinated and she is a dream to own - they are so easy to train if you do it correctly and keep at it, and she absolutely adores her training, an untrained collie can be a different matter and I would suggest you definitely get some help soon.

We are moving to France in the next 6 months and are hoping to find agility or obedience lessons available in France, if this type of thing exists?

Liza (and Coral the Collie)