My cat's scared...

Rose

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Any news ?

[/quote]

Hi Guys... sorry no news.  Our vet was not in today so we can't see him until Monday pm.  There's no change in Pig's behaviour though so I really think you wonderful people have diagnosed the problem.  Fingers crossed the vet can get him on some medication on Monday.  I'll let you know as soon as I have news... thank you all for your help with our little chap!  he'd also like to say thanks too... [:)]

[IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/ppspecs/pigonforum.jpg[/IMG]

really appreciate all the comments and information... thank you!

Hi, sorry to hear about your troubles with Pig.......further to the cleaning issue, someone mentioned using biological washing powder... I totally agree however it doesn't quite stop there!! It pains me say this but.......you then need to rub down the area with an unscented alcohol......vodka does the trick....this neutralises the any smell left by the washing powder (without the volka he thinks another cat has been there). Yes, I know you may think it a waste of a good drink but believe me it works. I saw this tip shown on TV by an English vet......I could have kissed him at the time. Friends of mine have also tried this technique with good results.

Dear all -  just thought I should update you with news of Pig.  We went to the Vet on Monday and he looked but couldn't see anything on the ultrasound... He seemed to think all was ok and to be fair Pig had also started going outside again if we actually took him out and stood with him.  Since then he has been much better and more himself but yesterday evening he started getting more and more agitated and kept trying to wee in any corner he could find... literally moving from place to place doing a few drops and looking for somewhere else... only ever a few drops but he was obviously distressed.  Oddly, we even put him in the bath but he wouldn;t go near it!

We've been back to the Vet this morning and he looked again on the ultrasound and couldnt see anything but thinks maybe an infection or just very small crystals that aren;t showing.  Pig was getting less and less co-operative and more and more upset so we've had to leave him there and the vet is going to give him something to make him sleepy and try again later.  He's going to get a urine sample and look under the microscope and also test for infection... and we have to go back this afternoon for the results.

Poor Piggy... he was so upset and seems so uncomfortable... Our other cat is wandering around now looking for him... I do hope he's going to be ok... will keep you posted later as to any news. 

Dear all... first of all thank you all so much for your good advice... it seems you were right!

We collected a very dopey and wobble on his feet Pig this afternoon... the vet wasn't there but from ehat we can gather from the receptionist the problem is calcium and very acid wee... he has been given Marbocyl, Tolfedine and Spasmoglucinal and a bag of special food... we have to take him back in a few weeks to see how he is...

Tonight he already seems a lot calmer and has been able to 'go'... fingers crossed he'll soon be his old self again...

Once again thanks for the advice....  [:D]

Aaaahhh !!! - lovely photo. And isnt' he a handsome boy....

So glad Pig has had problem diagnosed - he will now be a walking pharmacy shop !!! I was concerned about him - and you - and it's reasurring to know that the vet has discovered the problem, that Pig can be treated, and will soon be back to being his normal, soppy, cuddly little self !!And Rose, you must be feeling happier as well. Back to normal - happy families again !!!

And thank you for letting us know about his progress.

Chessie

Thanks Chessie... yes we were worried.  We do love our cats -Tikka is older and it seems like she's alwasy been with us and we helped deliver Pig and he has always been such a silly wonderful cat that we love him to bits.  We lost his mum last year just beforwe we moved to France and leaving him today at the Vet's was a big worry... Brought aback a lot of sad feelings for me and I was very nervous... [:(]

As it was he seemed better from the moment we picked him up he seemed happier (maybe because he'd been able to go!) today he's looking better - although he is not happy aboutthe food he's been given!  Fingers crossed he'll be right as rain in no time! [:)]

Can you tell me... will this problem stay with him or have the potential to come and go?