pet passport

lin

Hello were looking to be having a hol with our dog for a week aug/sep, in maybe Britany or Normandy, I didnt know i would need to find a vet in france to get my dog wormed and a tick treatment before leaving to come back to UK, she has had her passport for close to a year and i thought this would be all i need, is it an easy thing to do finding a vet do i need to try and get one now xxx

Here is a list of vets recommended by members of Passports for Pets.  http://freespace.virgin.net/passports.forpets/Vets%20in%20Europe.htm

There are a few listed in Brittany.  Just remember the forty-eight hour rule.  Your dog must be treated against ticks and worms no less then twenty-four hours and no more than forty-eight hours before embarkation.

I think you should look at the DEFRA site and study the details regarding the Pet Passport. Also you should check that your PP is up to date and all sections have been completed correctly.

Sorting out the treatment on the way back is only one of the hurdles to be jumped.

Alistair