expert advice needed on taking dog to uk

ratsy

I am going to UK in November and taking 2 dogs with me both of which have come from Spain and have had the rabies vaccination and the positive blood test result.  What concerns me is that one of the dogs we have had for 5 years and although she is microchipped we have no proof of when this was done because she was a rescue dog.  I do have dated proof of her ear tattoos dating to 2003 and obviously if the chip and the tattoo are on the same dog then this must be the dog that is vaccinated but I am worried that this won't be enough.  Also she had her blood test done for rabies last year and has since had her boosters but the blood test result is now dated that her last rabies injection was march 07. I have her Carnet de Santé to show that she was in fact vaccinated again in March 2008 and the rabies certificate with her microchip number on it - does anyone know if this is going to be ok?

When I asked my vet here in france what I needed he said I had to have the rabies vac + positive blood test result and wait 6 months.  What else do I need then, and do you know how I get a uk pet passport in France?

[quote user="ratsy"]When I asked my vet here in france what I needed he said I had to have the rabies vac + positive blood test result and wait 6 months.  What else do I need then, and do you know how I get a uk pet passport in France?[/quote]

Any good vet in France will issue you one when they are sure and can confirm that your dogs meet the correct criteria and will advise you as to when you can travel to UK

They are not UK pet passports they are EU issued, but to enter UK there are more stringent rules to conform to.