Paying taxe d'habitation online

Scalehill

I thought I'd get on the ball and pay my bill online at

http://www.impots.gouv.fr

I entered my details, had them recognised and the the right amount showed up, and completed the clickthrough process supplying bank details, etc. I thought I'd paid and that was that. Then I got 2 e-mails which confuses me somewhat.

The first was;

------------

Vous avez choisi d'adhérer par internet au paiement en ligne pour la taxe d'habitation.

Nous vous en remercions.

Votre demande a bien été prise en compte sous le numéro 00000000000

Vous trouverez en pièce jointe une autorisation de prélèvement complétée de vos coordonnées bancaires. Après l'avoir datée et signée, il vous appartiendra de l'adresser à votre banque dans les meilleurs délais, accompagnée d'un RIB.

Vous recevrez prochainement un courrier de confirmation par voie postale.

N° d’enregistrement : 0000000000000     référence de l'imposition : 000000000000

Nature de l’opération : adhésion paiement en ligne taxe d'habitation

----------------------

The second was;

-------------------------

Vous avez choisi de télérégler votre impôt par internet et nous vous en remercions.

Votre ordre de paiement, dont vous trouverez les caractéristiques ci-après, a bien été enregistré le

27/09/2004 sous le numéro 0000000000000.

Nom : M SCALEHILL

Références de l'avis : 00000000000000

Type d'impôt : Taxe d'habitation

Coordonnées bancaires : 0000 0000000000 000000000

Somme à payer : 259,00 euros

Date limite de paiement : 15/11/2004

Cumul des ordres de paiement déjà donnés : 0,00 euros

Montant de l'ordre de paiement : 259,00 euros

Conservez ce certificat, il vous sera nécessaire en cas de réclamation.

------------------------------

Are these e-mails telling me that I've authorised the current payment to be taken from my Bank, and then inviting me to set up a Direct Debit for future years, or are they telling me that I've begun the process for paying the current bill by Direct Debit and must send details on to the Bank to complete the process PDQ in order that the tax due is paid on time ?

not sure that this is going to be helpful but I went through this process last year and read the meaning of the first message as please fill in details on a RIB and send to own bank, this I did ( bank, CA britline just as perplexed) and low and behold nothing happened that year so I ended up paying it manually, this year however with my bill there was a message telling me that i'd opted to pay by internet so I've dutifully entered all my numero fiscal details via web and received a message to say that transaction has been successful, until they take the money out which as far as i understand it is on the last due payment date I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I think the payment by internet option is relatively new as i did have a suspicion that i'd read at the time something along the lines "register now for a new service staring next year"....which would explain why i had to manually pay last years bill.

did i say "not sure this is going to be helpful" ? 

Thanks for that Mike. I was thinking that the balance of probabilities was that, if I don't contact the bank, nothing will happen and that I can just send of a cheque and forget about it. Now I think if I do that, I might end up paying twice and never getting it back. Of course if I do nothing and wait for the deadline and no auto payment is taken, I'm going to be due the fine.

I thought I'd just about killed off every bad systems designer in the UK. Now I see a whole new euro-challenge opening up in front of me.

Didnlt get mcu joy when phoning the contact number on the site, mainly poor French-English problem. Had more luck e-mailing them. Here's what they said;

------------------

Bonjour,

Je fais suite à votre message du 28 septembre.

Vous avez effectué correctement la procédure de paiement en ligne et vous

serez prélevé le 18 novembre sur votre compte bancaire.

J'espère que ces précisions répondent à votre attente.

Service Liaison- Recouvrement

Trésor Public - NANTES

----------------------------------

So I deduce from that, that payment will indeed be taken without further action from myself. I further deduce that if I DO send the details to my Bank, they'll take it automatically every year. I think.

hi

we bought a brand new appartement this year and filled in the H2 form by the appropriate time, end of June, however we haven't received our bill for either tax.  Do I now need to chase them for it, or will it just turn up once they have processed the form?  How do you find out the email address of the local office in our case Pont L'Eveque in Calvados? Paying on-line seems a much easier option but I don't have a reference number.

Has any one else bought a new place, what happened with the first bill?

cheers

Cecil

[quote]hi we bought a brand new appartement this year and filled in the H2 form by the appropriate time, end of June, however we haven't received our bill for either tax. Do I now need to chase them for it...[/quote]

My understanding is that whomsoever is the owner of the property on the 1st of Jan is responsible for the tax for the whole year (local arrangments between buyer and seller excepted, of course). Since you weren't the owner on that date I wouldn't worry about it. you might get an interim bill some time about next May, then the usual one thereafter.

paul

Last year we set up to pay both Taxe d'Habitation and Taxe Fonciere by Direct Debit and it was quite straightforward using the web site. We too had papers sent to us by post which had to go back with a RIB but it all worked fine and now it is set up it will continue to apply each year (just had confirmation that this year's T d'H is being collected this way) so no need to bother with going through the process each year.

So long as you keep the Bank account topped up there should be no problems at all.

Andy