Another year of strikes

Val_2

My kids came home from Lyce last night and said there were dozens of posters and papers plastered everywhere warning of many more strikes again this year. Apparently they are ridding schools here in Brittany of language teachers (English,Greek,Latin,German & Spanish) and condensing two or more classes into one to cut down on jobs and expenses. I would imagine the same thing will be happening in the collges too,so don't be surprised when the kids come home and say we have no school tomorrow yet again. It worries me no end because this is my daughter's terminale year and she needs all the education she can get to decide on her future plans.

just out of interest Val, what type of Bac is your daughter doing? how long as she been in the french system? and do you find a french university? they dont seem to have a ucas system with all the courses and unis on one site and what if you wanted to study music at uni? Sorry for all these questions but it looks more and more likely that I will remain in France in sept with my daughter who wants to go Lycee rather than 6th form here, she'll probably do a BacL as science and maths are not her strong points. Have bought some Bac books to start familiarising herself with french layouts.

thanks for your thoughts

Elaine56

Val,Mistral

Thanks for those thoughts, I had forgotten I had actually posted that message.

Val
My daughter was also thinking of Customs and Excise after her degree or Interpol, spoke to her today she is middle of exams at french uni and studying like mad for a 15min oral exam, she came out with a '15' with which she is really pleased.

Dont know what she'll end doing, she's not sure herself, she did say she prefered french law to english though,much more straight forward

thanks again will bear you other remarks in mind for my 16year old.

elaine56