school on 8th May

Maggiemay

LAST EDITED ON 08-May-04 AT 00:01 AM (BST)

It's fri as you said yourself. So no, no alarm for the morning. We do have lots of jour fri here don't we. And this is one I certainly don't understand.

Watch out for the next one, it is on a Thursday and sometimes they do a pont on the Friday, and could even have school on Wednesday to compensate even if the kids don't usually go on a Wednesday.....

Caught the overnight ferry on Friday 7th to be in our little town for when the bank opens at 9.00 on Saturday morning. Walked round to the bank past all the little shops that were open, bank very definately ferme despite the sign saying it was open from 9.00. Went on the Marie to see my friend, Marie very definate closed despite a sign saying it is open on Saturday mornings. Walked back home, had some coffee and went out again, everything still closed. It still did not dawn on me that it was a JF, finally stopped to chat with another friend who explaned. But to make matters worse it was now about 12.25 and he said the supermarket was about to close for the day and all the little shops were closing. So absolutley nothing to eat in the house, forturnately friend invited me back for lunch and again for supper.

All in all a very tiring and wasted weekend.

Diana