How do I find out about Primary Schools in France?

Egg

Hello

I wonder whether anyone has some advice about researching Primary Schools before moving to France.

We have not yet completely decided upon the area and will be renting for a while before buying anyway. However,I would really like to be able to look at Primary Schools/Nurseries before we settle on an area. Is there a way of finding out about all Primary Schools before we look at areas? Or do we need to choose the area and then check out the schools?

In the UK I would check the Ofsted Reports before choosing an area so that it can be based on the school. I have seen the list of private schools in France do you know if there is a similar list of state schools?

Any Help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Hi
In the area we live, Midi-Pyrennees - it is Academie de Toulouse site that had some lists of both state and private schools. Or Academie de Bordeaux. You need to find the geographic areas - as the counties in uk.
Once you move, local maires will tell you where to go. Try to find a school in the region first that has - like in UK - teachers that work with foreign students. It makes a difference to yours! That is if you want to put your child in a french school. The alternative, the english school: I would recommend Bordeaux school - I know it's private so it costs you a lot of money - and not the one in Colomiers, Toulouse. It is excellent as I have my own experience here. Colomiers is not even half as good as Bordeaux.
Good Luck
oanas