Can my children be refused entry into a french school?

Ferligot

We are moving to Brittany with our 3 children age 9, 7 and 3 and
wasn't preparing to see the Mairie until we sell up here and arrive at our home in France. If i up all our children is there a possibility we can have entry into our local french school refused? I'm a bit worried about communicating as my french isn't fluent, although i have been making an effort to learn for the past year. Obviousley if i make the big move and cannot get the children into a school i will be a little bit stuck as we are selling our property here.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cary

I've never heard of any british kids being refused schooling here in Brittany. They are supposed to take anyone who applies within the commune boundary anyway and usually need to keep the numbers up so that classes can continue. Currently is not a good time to sort it out because of the hols,but if you know who the head teacher is and where they live,why not approach them first and see what they say. If you live in one commune and send your kids to another school outside, you won't get any assistance with school travel etc and could be seen in the wrong light as being stand-offish etc,so support your local schools. Be prepared to supply stationery,sports kit and everyday clothing instead of uniforms and slippers in many schools as well to protect the floors. There will be school insurance and you need to have upto date vaccinations proof as well.