strikes this week??????

Barbel Bob

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if there are strikes this week at school? my son thinks there maybe and after the last strike i told him he could stay at home as only 5 in his class turned up, and only one teacher (the english teacher)!!!!! Not checking up on him but he is looking very hopeful to having wed thurs and Friday off? he has no letter sent home, but none got sent home last time.

Thanks in advance

J

no, no strikes this week, as a general rule, there are never any strikes when one part of the country is on holiday.  This must be an optomistic rumour.  In any case, strikes are practically never on a Friday because then we could lose the salary for the Saturday too, even if we don't work if the recotrat is feeling particularly zelous.

There will be no letter, because the headteacher does not know who is turning up and who isn't.  Generally the teachers will say if the pupils ask, but last time there was a starike I worked and I had one class that was nearly complete, and another that had two pupils in it, because one had most of their teachers coming in and the other didn't.