Financial help for university students

Suzanne32

Bourses are available but are means tested on the parents income.

Your first port of call should be here: http://www.cnous.fr/

or here if you prefer in English: http://www.en.cnous.fr/index.php?lg=en

then click on Bourses or Grants and do a simulation to see what your daughter would be entitled to. If your daughter is hoping to go to university in the Autumn then she should immediately register for a bourse and or campus logement, which will be subject to confirmation once she has passed her BAC.

Your daughter may also be entitled to a monthly payment from CAF again depending on your income and subject to her being independant of her parents. The current payment for a student who doesn't also have a job is 211 euros per month, so long as they are leasing a room/flat/house.

In Aquitaine students can also qualify for a 50% reduction on train fares between their university town/city and a station near their parents home but this may not be a national thing. Where do you come from and which university is your daughter hoping to go to?

Sorry this only very brief but was written in a hurry as I have to go out!

We live in dept 32, my daughter has applied to attend Toulouse University. I have, I hope just applied through cnous.fr - applications have to be in by the 30th. I think they also offer help with accomodation if it is university owned. I shall tackle CAF in the morning. Thank you very much for your help

Late applications with Crous are still valid but payments can be slightly delayed however you are in time anyway.

If your daughter is entitled to a bourse it is good for campus accomodation or private. Campus is of course a lot cheaper than private but facilities are communal.

Good luck with CAF !!