Bilingual schools in Aix en Provence area

Nomads

We have two daughters aged 7 and 5 who are bilingual. We have been thinking about moving to the Aix area for sometime.We are keen to get the education sorted out before we take the plunge again as a previous attempt to move to France was a bit of a disaster in terms of the schooling. After a long hard search we have narrowed down the following possible options for their schooling:

1. CIPEC  followed by IBS

2. EUROPIPOLE followed by IBS or anything else that is available

3. International School in MANOSQUE

Does anyone have first hand experience of any of these schools so that we can decide which would provide an all-round education with good academic standards? They are at a monolingual private school in England and from what I have gathered so far, the moment you enter into a bilingual school in France you have to sacrifice the academic level as well some of the extra-curricular activities.

Can anyone tell me how CIPEC compares with EUROPIPOLE?How hard is it to get a non ITER child into the Manosque Secondary School?

Nomads

[quote user="Nomads"][quote user="Nomads"]

We have two daughters aged 7 and 5 who are bilingual. We have been thinking about moving to the Aix area for sometime.We are keen to get the education sorted out before we take the plunge again as a previous attempt to move to France was a bit of a disaster in terms of the schooling. After a long hard search we have narrowed down the following possible options for their schooling:

1. CIPEC  followed by IBS

2. EUROPIPOLE followed by IBS or anything else that is available

3. International School in MANOSQUE

Does anyone have first hand experience of any of these schools so that we can decide which would provide an all-round education with good academic standards? They are at a monolingual private school in England and from what I have gathered so far, the moment you enter into a bilingual school in France you have to sacrifice the academic level as well some of the extra-curricular activities.

Can anyone tell me how CIPEC compares with EUROPIPOLE?How hard is it to get a non ITER child into the Manosque Secondary School?

Nomads

[/quote][/quote]

Our two kids are at CIPEC, 7 - 8. We are from OZ, originally from N Ireland. Not a bad School very expensive or so I am told in comparison to similar in Paris. My company pays so not really concerned about the cost.

My wife deals with school and has a few criticism’s, there are no computers in the school which will leave our kids behind when we return to OZ. The school day is very long 8:15 – 17:00. One big thing is the parents and the teachers make you very very welcome.

Let me know if you need any specific info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Good to hear from someone with first hand experience.

I tried to email you with some queries but not having much luck as it bounced back.

What are the fees? What are the academic standards like? How does the teaching of English compare with a monolingual school?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nomads