Failed French SUV

Sam4136

My Mitsubishi delica has just failed its french equivelent of the english suv test on the plaque constructeur conforme

Everything else was ok but as far as i could make out {my french is not good} the chassis plate did not conform

The car is an import from japan into the uk and i now want to import into france, it is perfect for our ski chalet business, hence i want to get her registered if i can

It past its controle technique without any problems

Does anybody have any experience of this, are you allowed to change the chassis plate, is it difficult to get a new one

I would appreciate any help regards this

Regards

Sam Edwards

Jap and US imports are notoriously difficult to import into France. You really need to try and get the importer in France i.e Mitsub France to either a) provide the conformity certificate and/or b) provide the list of items that need to be changed and get them to handle the interface with the DRIRE . - however do not be too hopeful. Most jap makers (unlike the European ones) do not assist in this. A collegue of mine spent 3 unsuccessful years trying to get a US MX5 into France. Finally he got a dispensation from the ministry of transport - but not before he had been through a nightmare experience with the DRIRE.

sorry - not very positive.
regs

Richard