Buying a french car.

Brianret

Hi
I am about to purchase a new car (Renault) here and will be taking my current vehicle back to the UK on my next visit to sell it.
Has anyone done the same thing and if so is there any advice which would ease the process.
Bri

>Hi
>I am about to purchase a
>new car (Renault) here and
>will be taking my current
>vehicle back to the UK
>on my next visit to
>sell it.
>Has anyone done the same thing
>and if so is there
>any advice which would ease
>the process.
>Bri

Have you thought of buying a car in Holland. We did, for several reasons. The main one being that we are not in France yet and we couldn't find a way of buying without a French address. Buying a second hand 'left hooker' in the UK was shot out of the window when I saw just how much is asked for them and you never know if they have been 'ramped' or not. So we decided to get our Citroen from Holland and saved over 3500 into the bargain! And I had a lovely day trip to Amsterdam to collect it...

If you are selling a car in the UK then I would advise that you steer WELL CLEAR of any firms who call you and tell you that they can sell your car and they have people waiting on their books for the type you are selling. They charge around 80 and do sod all!!!!!! If you don't believe me then just give your local Trading Standards people a call and ask them about it... They will offer a 3 month warranty on your car, your money back if the buyer takes a credit agreement with them, a free weekend away if they don't sell it within 28 days with the promise that if you want to sell another car they will do it for free. AND THEY WILL BE VERY PERSUASIVE! Bin there, done that and we are 80 worse off! (who said pillock) The reason that I was so silly was that it's getting close to the time when we move to France, just over 3 weeks (Yippee!!!) and I was worried about still having the car on our hands at move time.

I sold it through our local free adds paper with no problems...

John.