Ripage

cheryl

We bought our van 2 years ago, and it's just had it's first Controle Technique. It passed, but there is apparantly a minor fault which needs to be dealt with concerning the 'ripage'.

I've looked in our (very large) dictionary, but can't find the word.

Can anyone please tell me what it is?

Many thanks

Cheryl

[quote]We bought our van 2 years ago, and it's just had it's first Controle Technique. It passed, but there is apparantly a minor fault which needs to be dealt with concerning the 'ripage'.I've looked in our...[/quote]

I seem to remember from of one of my old van CT's that "ripage" refers to the excessive uneven wear on front tyres due to the tracking being out, so as Will says it is to do with the steering geometry.

Paul

Many thanks for your help. Another question (sorry about this!) is that on the paperwork it says that the next CT is due before 3.9.06, and the next 'visite complementaire' is due before 3.9.05 - what is this visite complementaire? Is it compulsory? Is it because we've got a van rather than a car?

Cheryl

[quote]We bought our van 2 years ago, and it's just had it's first Controle Technique. It passed, but there is apparantly a minor fault which needs to be dealt with concerning the 'ripage'.I've looked in our...[/quote]

It refers to uneven wear on front tyres and needs to be tracked. Not a major issue.