How can I scrap my Cavalier?

Stew

The Vauxhall Cavalier I came over in a year ago is on its last legs. Rust, shot bearings, very nasty.

I just want rid of it.

I've been very slack and not informed DVLA. I still have the log book, but it is no longer MOT'd or UK taxed.

There are 2 car breakers near me here in Charente. Will they take a car without a carte grise?

I certainly don't want to pay heaps of dosh to the Prefecture to to get a carte gris so I can scrap it.

Stew

(wishing he'd bought a left hand drive car in the UK before leaving)

I tried searching on this topic, but the search results I got were anything but!!

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this question in August and got several helpful replies.  Try typing 'scrap' into the advanced search and make sure that it only searches in the 'Vehicle' section (sorry if you've already tried this, but I took a while to realise that you have to be careful which section you search in!).

This link should take you to my question and one of the replies http://www.livingfrance.com/instantforum/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=14&messageid=1658, a search should find the other replies.

Good luck

Jan (whose Seat has now been taken back to the UK by a mechanic friend and is now longer my responsibility I'm pleased to say)

Do what they do in the UK.

Take car to nearest main town.

Park in street.

Leave keys in ignition.

Leave 20 Euro note on drivers seat or dashboard.

Get taxi/bus home.

Would have put some smileys in here but i still cant bloody see any to use..........................

Bob Chic en tong