registering an English caravan

nobby

hi everyone,  help!!! I am trying to register our 1997 Avondale.The DRIRE has asked for.Attestation de conformite du vehicule de base en reference a un type receptionne ou a des fiches de communication CEE and 

attestation de conformite a la norme NFS56200 ou d'equivalence a celle-ci. What do they want?

This is a certificate of conformity (conformity to the 'normes francais' quoted or their EU equivalent) needed before you can go any further. Avondale is who you should contact for this, altohugh you may then need an authenticated translation.

Be prepared for a large cost attached to this: Swift wanted £350 (from memory) for one for my Challenger, so I gave up at that stage.

p

Registered my 1992 Lunar last year,after some considerable headaches caused mainly by lack of info obtainable from the makers .they dont want to know.Basically you will have to obtain from the individual makers,i.e Alko or Knott or a.n.other the engineering specifications of the axle,the brakes,and then the chassis.DRIRE will also want tow head specifications-look for numbers stamped on the head.I also had to have the gas system "tested",and the electrics "tested".Cost 180euros for 5 minutes by the inspector which I had to arrange myself.Quite painless really apart from the hassle.I finally then had to take the ,van to Drire for their inspection-10 minutes max.Eventually after 8 months got the Carte Gris.Gentle persistance coupled with extreme politeness helps the flow!Prepare for some frustration.THEY ARE STILL BETTER THAN A FRENCH CARAVAN.Good luck---Maude

Thanks Maude You have given me hope!We have been in touch with Avondale who have sent me some numbers(1509001:BS5750)Which might mean something to someone.My husband has found a plate on the chassis with numbers and letters so we are going to go over to Nersac (drire)armed with every bit of paper we can find including fridge and fire instructions!!I will do 'polite' and give them a big smile and see what happens