Certificate of conformity

sugarlady

Hope you can help us; we have a Korean car which we would like to put onto French plates . The makers no longer exist and neither Swansea or Bristol DVLA can help us get the certificate of conformity which we need. The car has 2yrs CT. on it and is insured. It is 7yrs old. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you manage to overcome it?.

Kind regards

Sugarlady

Have you tried your local DRIRE ours was very helpful with a 16 year old Nissan. Thnk it cost us about 65 Euros for the Certificate. The magic ingredient is the metal plate under the bonnet which has all the car details.

Let us know if we can help further.

Jan

Lost in the Lot

Hi

I agree with Jan - give Drire a shot. I downloaded the necessary forms from the Drire website - 'demande d'identification' - they do a very wierd attempt at English translation to assist you here in Morbihan; filled them in and took them to the nearest Drire offices (list of offices on the website).

I was convinced my Citroen Saxo - 1996 vintage - would be OK, but we were not at all sure about my husband's 1997 Vauxhall Astra estate - nor was the Drire lady - but it all came good and we have our proofs of conformity at a cost of 67€38 each car.

Like Jan we found relevant details in the oddest parts of our cars - under the bonnet, in the boot, on the driver's side door post - you name it we looked there - but it is all part of the process.

Good Luck

Sue

[quote]Hi I agree with Jan - give Drire a shot. I downloaded the necessary forms from the Drire website - 'demande d'identification' - they do a very wierd attempt at English translation to assist you here ...[/quote]

Many thanks to everyone for the advice, we will try the DRIRE path and see what happens, I will let you know if we have any luck.

Kind Regards, Sugarlady