Poids total roulant

Joric

Does anyone know how you go about finding this weight.I am in the process of filling in the paperwork to register a camping car from Germany and I cannot find reference to this on the German documents. Thanks to anyone who answers.

Joric

It should be on the VIN plate on the vehicle

There are 4 lines of weights in Kg,

The first is the kerb weight,

the second is the gross vehicle weight I think, which is what you want. (though it might be the gross train weight (GTW) - vehicle + braked trailer).

third is unbraked trailer

fourth is braked trailer.

If the second figure is very large, then it might be the GTW, in which case take the figure for the braked trailer (4) from it to get the vehicle gross weight.

Hope this helps, Brian.

Thanks to both of you for answering this question-I have looked on the plate on the vehicle and as you say there is space for 4 figures in kilos,the first one is 2800 which on the german reg docs equates with poid total en charge,the second is blank,the next has a figure 1  and 1550kg and the last a figure 2 and 1680 kilos these last two being the two axle weights.On the reg docs it also has the figure for poids a vide ( weight empty ) and a figure for 750kg which my german speaking friend tells me is the weight for a trailer without brakes.Also on the german international reg book there is the figure of 2370 which is the empty weight and underneath it another figure of 003100, what this is for I have no idea.So do I add the trailer weight 750kg to the 2800kg poids total en charge for the poids total roulant? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks again

Richard

PTRA - Poids Total Roulant Autorisé is the maximum permitted total gross (laden) weight of the vehicle AND trailer.

For most of us driving cars with small trailers this figure is found in the cars User Handbook or on the VIN plate. If this figure exceeds 3500kg, as I suppose it might in the case of a very large camper van, you might need a HGV licence, or the French equivalent.

In the case of our newly acquired 2 seater Smart car there is no permitted trailer weight!

There is a Code de la Route website where this can probably all be clarified.

Patrick