Motorcycle tyres, where to buy

zrx1100

Hi to all the fellow bikers out there.

Moving to France soon and the bike needs 2 new tyres soon, just wondered whether to get them here in the UK or in France, is there much of a price difference and are there quite a few places that will fit them. Wont bother saying what the bike is, as you might of guessed!

Best thing you can do is to sell the bike before you come over as if you intend to live hear then you will have to spend lots of time and effort to get it onto French plates. Oh and money ,

So I wouldn’t worry about the cost of tyres (they are cheaper than uk as you will have pounds to spend )   

• 2 weeks later...
I will definately keep the bike, had it since new 6 years ago, couldn't let her go now. I also think the equivilant (condition & low mileage) bike in france will be alot more to buy than the uk compared to what it will cost to re-register (I hope). Back to the tyres though, anyone know of costs (fitted), thanks.

• 5 months later...

I registered my Honda ST1100 Pan European here last year.  Its rated at 100PS so it was just within the french horsepower limit. I got an attestation partiale de conformite from Honda France which mentioned the mph speedo and RHD headlamp as non conforming exceptions, but I didn't replace them and the prefecture didn't ask.  [;)]

The only aggro was dealing with Honda France, who lost my file/cheque and took three months to get their finger out.......