Garage hourly labour rates

cabman

I'm getting a slight weep from the water pump seal on my Toyota Previa. Losing around 500ml of coolant per thousand miles, so driveable but needs to be sorted. Toyota main dealer in UK currently charge 90pounds per hour , village mechanic in UK is 42pounds but unfamiliar with many modern vehicles.

Anyone used Toyota dealers in France? I was thinking of getting it fixed on my next visit. Whats a typical hourly rate for garages and main agents?

We have always found Feu Vert very good. It's a chain of garages similar to Kwik Fit or whatever. We have used two different branches and found them efficient, friendly, honest and reasonably priced - and they know what good customer service is. I think labour is only about 30 euros per hour, but I could be wrong. All their charges are clearly displayed.

Jo

They don't do all breeds of car, though.  None of these places will touch our Subaru.  They don't even look at what kind it is, they just don't do Subaru. 

We had to go to a dealership, but he wasn't expensive.  Spent quite a long time checking brakes etc, cleaning bits and pieces, and only charged about 30 euros.