Carte grise and CT

Rob G

Bonjour,

I've just bought a second-hand car and so need to get the carte grise changed to my name. I've discovered that you have to present a Contrôle Technique certificate dated no more than 6 months old; unfortunately, the last CT was in June last year so falls outside this period. Just wanted to check - does this mean I have to get a new CT before I can get a new carte grise?

Thanks,

Rob

I seem to recall that there is a legal  requirement for cars sold as second hand to have a CT with no less than 18 months on it prior to sale, so unless it was stated that the car had less than that when you bought it,  I would take it up with the vendor, I'm sure SD will confirm this.

Thanks, Ron and SD. Fortunately the vendor is a good friend and I think he has simply overlooked the fact that it's more than 6 months since the last CT. I'll be seeing him this weekend so will hopefully get things straightened out then.

Before coming to France a few months back I was a company car driver in the UK for the last 6 years, so I'm out of the habit of having to worry about things like MOTs and maintenance bills!

Rob