CT sticker - anything else

Stefan

This must have been asked before but can't find it via search so here goes:

My car just passed it's first C T ...huraahh.  In the interests of reducing the number of docs I carry do I have to carry the supporting paperwork ("process-verbal ...) or is the ?vignette on the windscreen to show conformity ( thinks - the carte gris now carries a new date sticker so I guess I may have answered my own question )  

My understanding is that you do not need the sticker on the windscreen (I did not have one for two years and when I had my CT done earlier this year the guy noticed but said it was not important – though he did put one in).

When you get it done (or when I had both of mine done 2 years ago and recently) they made an entry on the log book thing (which you do need to carry around).

Always carry details of your insurance (not just the thing on the windscreen, but also address of agency, etc. and your drivers license), plus one of those forms to fill in if you have/are involved in an accident (you can get them from your insurance agency).  I seems that filling in one of those forms (both you and the person you hit or hit you) can massively simplify claiming on the insurance.  When somebody reversed into me last year, fortunately they had one of the forms which we both filled-in and when I called my insurance to claim against them they asked if I had whatever the form was called and when I did it was really easy.  They had actually sent me one when I first took out the policy but I then started carrying it around in the car.  Basically it’s a summary of what happened, who hit who, where, under what circumstances and both drivers sign it and send it to their insurance companies.

Ian

( thinks - the carte gris now carries a new date sticker so I guess I may have answered my own question )  

Unless, as I was told recently on this Forum, the sticker is no longer required on the Carte Grise.

AFAIK and I could be out of date. The vehicle documents you are required to carry are Le Permis de Conduire (driving Licence) a photocopie is not acceptable, the original Carte Grise (registration document) unless it's an hire car then a photocopie is acceptable, and l'attestation et le certificat d'assurance. (your paper copy of the insurance document / green card signed by the main driver).

These document, if not available at the time can lead to a fine and in the case of non production  they must be produced within 5 days at a police station of your choice

It is a legal requirement to have the "Macaron de viste technique" (little CT sticker) in the windscreen, it must be attached by the mot guy at the time of the CT test, as in Deimos case this wasn't done, but if he had been stopped by the Gendarmes at any time between the 2 CT tests  it may have cost a few €'s fine.

Thanks chaps, I'm happy with the requirements for the other docs...I always carry my permis de conduire, carte gris and assurance ( and passport) ...I just thinking back to my UK days of MOT certificates and wandered if there was any requirement to carry the proces-verbal de control technique d'un vehicle automobile.  I guess as long as the sticker is in place and the carte gris is annotated the answer is no......