Mini Bus Van

Paul

Hello to everyone ,

I am looking to buy a 9 seater mini bus, for my ski business looking for a good second hand van . Also are you still able to claim back the tva back on second hand . Can some one point to a web site, have looked round my local garages of Annecy and Thonon but they get snapped up very quicly.

Any help will do

Paolo

Hi,

we bought ours in the UK via a firm there.  We looked in the local papers and they were about €12 - 15000 over here, so we looked on line and found one in the UK for £3000, went back as foot passengers and brought it back.  Ours was a long wheel base ford transit 15 seater.  We took out 9 seats (left lots of luggage space) and have just spent about €500 immatriculating it.  It is a lovely vehicle, very useful and we love it.  Would never buy one in France - too expensive!  They think the value of a vehicle second hand is nearly as much as when it was new, if not higher!

PM me for more details if you like.  I will interrogate the other half for more info for you.

Fil

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Paolo

Your UK category B (car) licence is valid for driving minibuses with up to nine seats in France.

[/quote]

Hello SD, I think the above answers my question, thanks.  My standard UK licence will need to cover me to carry up to eight passengers, commercially, in my 110 Defender.  Your response suggests that I should be ok.