Insurance Limit on Cover

Frederick

More by luck than judgement today I spoke with my broker about renewal of my car insurance .and just mentioned I would be out of the UK when due for renewal.. I was then reminded that my cover was for a total of 45 days in any year out of the UK and did  I need any more ? Had this not been mentioned.... and my insurance not due for payment  this month .... my soon to be trip would have pushed me over the 45 days this year....This was the last thing on my mind ...  counting the days this year I have been in France.... or if I needed to ring the car insurers if the sun comes out and I want to stay longer. Some insurers give 180 days inclusive out of the UK in any one year cover....like mine others dont .....somthing to else to think about when you buy and regularly visit  your house in France ....

One of the reasons I changed to Saga was their generous overseas yearly coverage. Another point which used to annoy me with my previous insurers was that they had to be informed every time I took my car abroad, they had a limit of only 30 days a year. I can understand the reason for this when an  insurers contract  is restricted to say less than 60 days a year, because if a claim was necessary that may be the only proof one could offer that you had not already exceed the maximum days.  At least this not required by Saga, but I would advise if you have not already enquired with your insurer, that you check their requirements, otherwise there is  possibility that the cover could be reduced to the minimum legal requirement in event of a claim.

Baz