Opel Astra.....help

julia

Please can anyone give me some pointers?

I have been borrowing this car off a neighbour(with his permission) My daughter put her Rucksack in the boot and shut it, when I went out to put something else in , I couldn't get it open. I looked in the boot by pulling the rear seats forward and lo and behold one of the adustable straps has caught in the lock!! 

On a previous car that we owned there was a lever that you could pull (next to the mechanism -inside the boot)  Does anyone know (before I get handy with the screwdrivers) If I take the interior moulding out , will there be anything that will release the catch??  I have tried sliding a flat screwdriver where the material caught(I can feel the bit that is left in there)

Any suggestions welcome , apart from telling the kid not to be so flaming gormless!!!!!!!! I have already done that[Www]

Ureka!  After writing this post yesterday I went to visit some friends, after having a laugh about this predicament we went outside , one of us pressed the button, he practically sat on the boot, bouncing it up and down, we tried the tweezers we pulled and pushed. No go.

Today we went to the beach, after loading the car from the rear seats. When we reached our destination I jumped out of the car , forgot that the boot wouldnt open and pushed the button , hey presto , it opened and out dropped the offending pice of rucksack, so I think the boucing up and down did the trick.

I will rest easy in my bed tonight, as the cars owner arrives tomorrow.

Thanks all, and I even joined the web site given by Suday driver.