speed cameras

Patf

[quote user="Patf"]Yet another question on this topic : does anyone know if a speed camera can photograph vehicles on both sides of the road i.e. going in either direction 1) in France and 2) in UK. Pat.
[/quote]

Don't know about France, but in the UK, SOME cameras can be used to monitor both sides of the road, but NOT at the same time. There's one in Gainsborough, Lincs, which regularly gets turned to monitor traffic entering, or leaving the town. In that case, markings must also be on BOTH sides of the road so as to calibrate photos.

It IS possible to trigger a camera from the "wrong" side of the road in the UK, but no prosecution would come from it.

Forward facing cameras are mostly triggered by piezo sensors in the road, so only triggered by approaching vehicle on correct side of road.

Have a look here: http://www.ukspeedcameras.co.uk/

Thanks - this makes me feel a bit better. I think I was flashed by a camera in Tonbridge, but it was on the other side of the road. I was definitely in a dream  at the time and the flash woke me up. Oh dear, perhaps I shouldn't be driving. Pat.