Selling a car with less the 18 months CT

markandsacha

Hi, I have searched the forum and found conflictiong answers, please can someone help!!

I am selling my car and have advertised the fact that the CT will run out oct 2007, therefore having less than 18 months CT. Is this ok? or will I have to put it through the CT?

Thankyou, any help would be gratefully received,

markandsacha

No you can sell it, no problems but any potential buyers may not give you the price you want,  if the C.T is less than the specific time. If you really want to get the best price, spend the €50 or so for a new C.T and at least you will have a far better chance to get the price you want.

It certainly gives the buyer a little more confidence in buying the car and it also saves the buyer, time and money in getting a new C.T before they register the car in their name.

The requirement is that a vehicle has to have a CT less than six months old in order to be registered to its new owner. So whether you get a new CT before you part with it or the buyer gets the CT done on purchase does not really matter. But Miki's advice is good - it's up to you.