Going back to UK with french car

heidi h

I am moving back to the UK this month and although I have my car on various internet sites no-one appears interested in buying it. I even took it to some second hand dealers who told me it was too new!!!! (15 months). It seems I will have to drive it back and use it in the Uk till I come up with a plan. I really dont want to change registration as I want to sell it (preferably in France- I would deliver!). Does anyone know of a company who would insure me on french plates driving in UK (french or british)??

[quote user="heidi h"]I am moving back to the UK this month and although I have my car on various internet sites no-one appears interested in buying it.[/quote]

Is it a question of price - are you asking too much? The end of September is the time when car dealers offer tempting reductions on their brand new cars, so perhaps if you reduced the price?

There are always companies in the UK which buy French registered LHD cars, just Google for a list, but I wouldn't have thought they would pay the going value either.

Sorry if this seems a tad gloomy; just trying to be realistic.

Sue

heidi

I have p'med you as my husband is looking to buy a LHD car, asking you for details and you haven't even looked at the message, nevermind reply to it!

May I suggest that, if you are trying to sell your car, you need to reply to requests for information from whatever source they come?

heidi

I couldn't seem able to reply to you via PM.  Unfortunately, the OH is looking for a bigger car than yours, you know how these boys are with their toys!

It sounds a lovely car and, if only it was for ME....................but, no such luck.  I hope someone comes along soon to buy it from you.