Cerftificate of Conformity for a Renault Traffic

redcap

Hi everyone,

I am having great difficulty contacting Renault UK to get a cert of Conformity for my aging Renault Traffic van. According to the "not very helpful" person in Renault UK - you do not now need a certificate of conformity for France (amazing) This is not the first vehicle I have successfully registered in France and I do know what I am doing.

Can anyone give me a telephone number or a person to contact in France (I have given up in UK) regarding this. Personally, I recommend Peugeot UK for any queries concerning this as I had no problem at all registering my Peugeot 406

thanks

Or go to DRIRE for an attestation, about 67 euros if I remember right, or can you not use that route for vans?

My 2002 Skoda did not have the CofC in the handbook and believe me I looked very hard, having to pay DRIRE for the bit of paper really stung I can tell you.

I have just about got over it after 3 years so if anyone wants to tell me that it was in fact there (perhaps just a number) I can take it with a smile[:)]

Commercial vans do not fall within EU Whole Vehicle Type Approval so unlike cars and motorcycles, they don't qualify for a post 1999 EU certificate of conformity.  Instead, you require a French national type approval certificate (attestation d'identité) which you can obtain from Renault France.  Your local Renault Garage should be able to supply the necessary contact details and may even ring them up on your behalf.

I seem to recall from a previous enquiry that Trafic vans are handled by the cars division whilst Masters are handled by Renault Trucks....

Finally, the DRIRE will only issue attestations for passenger cars.