Audi Letter of Conformity

We are trying to get a letter of conformity from Audi to re-register our car.  Audi in UK tell us to contact Audi France and AF are not helpful at all (when we eventually get through) - we are ringing 0323 738 177...my questions are

Does anyone know if this is the right number to ring?

Has anyone else managed to get one?

The OH is fed up with ringing around and considering selling car - am I right in thinking that it would be best to sell it in UK?

We know it would be so much easier to buy a French registered car!

Lots of questions!

Audi UK have to supply the Certificate of Conformity depending on the age of the car. Later than 2002 then they have to , earlier then they don't.

Not sure about phone numbers but have you tried an Audi dealer?

If the car is RHD on UK plates then you would get more for it in the UK.

If you have had it here in France for more than 6 months then you are driving an illegal car anyway

It's not clear from your post but I assume the Audi was originally registered inthe UK and then exported to France and you are now bringing it back into the UK.

With a bit of insider knowledge I suggest, if you still have problems with Audi customer services, that  you phone Volkswagen UK head office in Milton Keynes +44 1908 679121 and ask to be put through to the Homologation Department (which is where all Ceretificates of Conformance for all the VW brands are issued). As it's in a different building they may give you a direct phone number to ring.

You'll be asked to fill in a form which can be posted or faxed (or maybe even emailed) to you and you'll aslo be asked to pay a load of money for the certificate which I'm fairly sure you can do by credit card.

Bear in mind they can only issue a CoC for cars originally imported into the UK by the manufacturer. If it's a personal import (i.e. made for a non-UK country and subsequently imported into the UK) then you won't get one.

Hope this helps.

Richard T