How to pay Saur bill

Hi can anyone help I have received a bill from the French water company (Saur) to install water to my property 846 euros department 36 I have no French account opened at present to speed this up can I pay this by switch or credit card or travellers cheques if you can help thank you in advance

Norman

They will not accept any of the methods of payment you suggest. I advise telephoning the company to obtain their bank account details including their IBAN code. They may or may not co-operate. Then ask your bank in UK to send the money by direct transfer (SWIFT.)

It sounds like you need to get a French bank account open sooner than asap. It is almost impossible to do anything over here without one.

If you aren't in France at present, and can't call into your local bank, open and account with CA Britline, info at: www.britline.com It should take no more than a couple of weeks providing you send of all the required information straight away. It would be worth phoning once you've sent the documents off to tell them that you're in a bit of a mess and need something sorted asap - they are generally very helpful.

hi, if you are in France, I am sure that you are able to pay at the post office, or you can buy the eqivilent to a cheque at the post office, not sure what this is called though,   and then post that to the water company.

Sharon