A question about UK car tax

Kitty

Irrespective of how you sell it Cathy or how they choose to use it (not your problem) taxed and insured or not, the most important thing is that our friends at DVLC will expect you to forward details of change of ownership with the new owners address details. You should ensure that this part of the form is completed (preferably checked against some proof of their identity, driving licence whatever) and posted off, even recorded delivery; before you do, take a colour photocopy for your records. DVLC are not always bureaucratically efficient in recording this, but they can still fine you £80 and any back tax for the vehicle at any stage later if you don't (clearly they are more efficient at generating income!). In Telegraph's Honest John's Saturday column there is just such a case and I can vouch for it having received a demand myself despite having posted off the form six months previously, fortunately I posted another copy with a covering letter and heard no more about the fine.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.htm

I always advertise the tax as available separately for its value and it takes this amount out of the bargaining,
though usually it is a good bargaining tool to say you'll throw the tax in, Good luck [8-|]