I got a pull ...

chocccie

.... for one of the lights on my trailer not working.  I need to take the car/trailer to my local plod station for them to check they have been fixed.

I've bought new lights and cable etc and have fitted them up, but having problems getting one of the lights working.  So ... what happens if

a) I turn up and one of the lights is not working. 

b) I don't turn up at all?  (I once didn't turn up for a 'five day wonder' and nothing happened - I'm guessing this won't be the same over here!!!)

I am going to theUK in a few days so can't spend too much time trying to fix this.  Can I not just sassure them the trailer will be off the road until it's fixed fully?   I don't want to turn up at the station only to be given another bloody fine!

Any sensible advice gratefully recived.

Thanks

[quote user="chocccie"]  So ... what happens if

a) I turn up and one of the lights is not working. 

That was the reason for the original 'pull'.  I imagine they'll do you a second time for towing a trailer to their premises without working lights...[8-)] 

b) I don't turn up at all?  (I once didn't turn up for a 'five day wonder' and nothing happened - I'm guessing this won't be the same over here!!!)

Code de la route  Art L233-2
Délit d'insoumission de vérifications

Le fait pour tout conducteur de refuser de se soumettre à toutes vérifications prescrites concernant son véhicule ou sa personne est puni de trois mois d'emprisonnement et de 3 750 euros d'amende.

I am going to theUK in a few days so can't spend too much time trying to fix this.  Can I not just sassure them the trailer will be off the road until it's fixed fully?   I don't want to turn up at the station only to be given another bloody fine!

Just call into the gendarmerie (without taking the trailer with you) and explain matters to them.  That way, they're unlikely to issue a warrant for your arrest at the ferry port.....

[/quote]

went to see plod.  the said fine, fix it but no need to come and show us you've done it  [:D]    (they also said if I don't do it and get a tug I'll be in BIG trouble!)

I can now enjoy the ambience of the ferry port without having to keep my eye out for the police looking for me  [;-)]