Tracteur Ancien - Carte Grise

thunderhorse

I'm looking at buying a pre-1960 tractor (usual suspects) for rallies etc. Assuming there is no CG (or one has been lost), what hoops may I have to jump through to get one for road use? Any idea of costs?

The other option would be to haul it to events on a friend's trailer, but then miss out on road runs...

Cheers

I recently bought an old tractor which I am renovating.

The problem I have is that it has been registered by its original owner but having been sold on at least twice no-one has bothered to re register it.

Like thunderhorse I would like to take it to shows and if possible drive it to them but I need a carte gris to do this. I have written to the prefecture to ask them what I can do about this.

I'll post the outcome when I receive a reply.

cheminot

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay in replying. I was hoping I might get a response from the prefecture to include in this post but its starting to look as if  my enquiry was written on soft enough paper to render it useful for other purposes rather than responding to it!

I have a 1960 Mc cormick Farmall Super Cub which is pictured below. It might look close to being finished but I still have a lot of relatively small jobs to do on it when I can afford it. Unfortunately small does not necessarily mean cheap!

[IMG]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr56/malced/TR13.jpg[/IMG]

Looking good!

Went to the Préfecture in Niort this morning and got my re-registration CG. Painless, although there were 20 in the queue in front of me...

Have you tried visiting in person? There may be someone at a reception desk that can explain what's what and then do it all the paperwork whilst in there. But take ID and proof of residence, and a means of payment.

Cheers