Time scales

Katie

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house in the Limousin and we would like to get an answer to a question that has arisen. I am sure it already appears in these pages somewhere but my fingers have gone numb trying to find it.

We have signed the compromise de vente and have paid the required deposit.

Question

Is there a time scale imposed on whi ch the completion and signing of contracts has to be done or is it open ended?

Katie Crunch

Greetings

we bought last year and every thing went very quickly as the paper work was in place - I would ask either the agents or the notaire - it also depends whether you have the funds in place to complete the deal.

We wish you luck  and hope you enjoy your life in Limousin as much as we are doing - very busy - we have also been warned to keep jobs for winter as it can seem quite long

Have a good life in France

James

We are completing next week on a house for which we signed the compromis in mid April. There was a completion date of the end of June which we were told was for guidance only.(I never did find out if this is true). The main delays were that we had underestimated the amount of documentation we needed to have ready to apply for a mortgage, and more recently, a six week delay in sorting out life assurance which involved numerous queries back and forth (very slowly) between the insurance company (English) and my GP.

Hi Katie

We had a completion date written into the compromis by the estate agent at the time of purchase so we knew how long things would take etc.  I don't know if this was because it was purchase cash and not a mortgage application. Try having a chat with your agent or notaire as it may be in the small print.

Good luck with your move to France and hope all goes well.

Kimebrley

chadeniers 17