Motorbike too old for CoC... help!

Goodlife

Trying to bring my 1997 Honda Blackbird into France and hit a snag with the Certificate of Conformity.  It was originally a German bike, imported new into the UK as a personal import back in the grey-import heyday when UK bike prices were sky high above the rest of Europe.  I bought it years ago from the chap that originally imported it.

I thought I'd try calling Honda Europe (based in UK) for the CoC but they said call Honda Germany.  Honda Germany are saying that no European COC is available due to the age of the bike. However, they could provide a technical data table (60 EUR).  Does anyone know if this will be accepted by French authorities?

Thanks

That bike wouldn't be allowed in as is any way.  There is/was a power limit in place of 106bhp, don't know if it is still but you are nowhere near scraping under with your 160ish bhp[6]

Bit on it here with a link to another forum that may have relevant info. http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/2373219/ShowPost.aspx

For a bike that old, you need to apply to Honda France for an attestation d'identification (French national type approval certificate). They will only issue the certificate upon proof that your Blackbird complies with the code de la route, ie restricted down to the current 100bhp limit, compliant headlamp and speedo reading in kms/hr.  They will normally accept a letter from a French Honda dealer confirming that the modifications have been carried out plus your cheque for 120€....

HONDA France S.A.S.
Service Homologation motocycles
B.P. 46
77312 MARNE-LA-VALLEE Cedex 2

Downside is, you'll be stuck with a bike with far poorer performance characteristics than you are used to so you may wish to reconsider your decision to bring the bike over here.