Renault Zoe

JohnRoss

Anybody got an opinion about the Renault Zoe all electric car. Sounds ideal for a second car for local driving, shopping etc which accounts for 90% or more of our driving each year. The only one I have seen has been shown on the Renault Sat' channel and the programme schedule does not seem to agree with what they show so difficult to find. The rental for the battery is the thing as the monthly charge seems more than we spend on diesel most of the time. Longer trips other than to the local shopping area would seem to be a job for our Scenic as charging points seem to be few and far between in France as yet! I note they want a fee to reserve one for test drive and possible purchase but still interesting..........................JR 

It might be that the battery is the weakest link and they say that should it fail they will come and get you and sort it out, replacement, towing etc. Not sure what happens at the end of the battery life. I assume you just rent another. If you regard the battery as the fuel tank you still have to pay to fill it with electrickery every night I guess.................JR

Not sure how much the Lithium ion battery would cost if you could purchase it, quite a lot I imagine.