Road markings - very poor on A28

JeanS

Does any one else find driving on the motorways at night difficult? We returned to the UK on Tuesday evening - at Tours there were 'small' signs saying that the exit to the A28 was closed and very little in the way of deviation signs. We rejoined the A28 further up towards Le Mans, by then it was dark and raining. OH was driving and finding that he had to use full beam to make out the white lines on the sides of the carriage way - the ones in the middle had all but disappeared. But heyho we struggled on - fortunately the motorway wasn't very busy. We then came across a very serious accident just before the junction for the A88. All in all a terrible drive but we still managed to get ot the ferry - last on!

My point - what happens to the tolls??   The stretch of the A28 north of Alencon is relatively new and the A88 only a few years old, yet they are both in need of repair.

It's not just the A28.

They don't seem to use the same paint as in UK (Oh no, not comparing paint again!!  [:-))] ). But it's true, the UK road lining is generally done with a paint that contains reflective beads, so the lines are more visible under headlamps. I'm not aware of having seen any over here. Plus of course long stretches of the UK motorway system is lit by road lighting.  It is VERY dark at night here, but actually I prefer that.