Registering of Peugeot Expert van 2007 in France

Patrick

Help please. I have the above vehicle in France now got the headlights changed fit for the french roads. However Peugeot uk told me and written to me to inform me as its a commerical vehicle and its age theres no certificate of comformity for it.Trying getting a French MOT and the garage would not do it. Unsure where to go next Thanks for all the help and advice Patrick

[quote user="dave21478"]Once you have the attestation, you can take it for Controle Technique. The CT tester needs model-specific information that is on the carte gris -or attestation in the absence of a carte gris- before he can begin the test.[/quote]

But it's odd that up to a couple of years ago he could do the test on a foreign car without a carte grise, attestation, or certificate de conformité - innit?[8-)]

You still can get a test done, if your tester is willing to put a tiny bit of effort in.

The problem is that most now just say "computer says no!"

They need the Type Mines, which is a code usually about 5 or 6 digits long, a mix of letters and numbers. This is specific to that exact model/spec of vehicle. Once the computer has this, it will then present a list of items specific to that vehicle to be checked....location of chassis numbers, homologated tyre sizes, emissions spec etc etc....

Without this, the test cannot proceed. However, the type mines is usually integrated into the long chassis number of the vehicle. With practice you can recognise which letters in the sequence are the Type. If the tester is willing to experiment a little with the computer as he sets up the test, he can get the code he needs, but most now will not bother.

Also, he has to register which documents are presented with the vehicle. If you look at your last CT, it will say something like "documents present - carte gris". If you are doing an import, it will say you have presented a C of C. There are also several other options they can use, such as (Cant remember exact wording) "proof that a dossier has been submitted to DRIRE", but not many testers will know or try these options - much easier to just refuse to start the test.