Bordeaux Park and ride

just john

Recent plan to spend a long weekend in Bordeaux was almost a disaster as I approached Buttineres Park and ride to discover a height restriction of 2m! Some time was spent finding alternstive "wild parking" before a walk to the tram. Does this mean there is no park & ride available for vehicles over 2m, despite no height restriction on the open air top storey? Any suggestions welcome . . .

Must say that traffic in Bordeaux has increased recently and the park and ride parking seems a very good idea.

Could be that the 2m restriction is because one has to go through the lower floors to get to the upper floor.

Using a vehicle above 2m is probably unusual there, or they may worry about large lorries, so I would suggest that you go on the TBM website (google the park and ride Bordeaux) and ask the question directly to them.

I did contact TBM by phone and they confirmed the restriction of 2m. I also contacted the Marie to be told I could park overnight 7pm to 6pm free anywhere in Bordeaux but charges apply during the day, they were unable to ssy which Private parking facilities could accommodate over 2m except to say there were some . . .

I'm sure others have vehicles over 2m or may be able to advise where to park? . . .

Hopefully you are right and someone will be able to help.

You have got me thinking though. Is there any mileage (kilometerage?) in parking near a local station and taking the local train? That may work well for us also in Dordogneshire about 1+ hour drive along the toll road from there?

Hi,

Last year when we were staying near St. Emilion we parked at the station (big car park, no charge) and went to Bordeaux for a day trip on the train. It worked really well as we caught the tram outside the station into the city centre to save time but it would have been walkable.

We were staying outside Bordeaux so didn't need overnight parking at that time, but knew the hours of 5am until1am in the morning but not the 2m limit before, so arriving at10 am to find the 2m limit was a problem we overcame by parking elsewhere and walking to the tram. Next time I would wish to have secure parking rather than a surprise ;-)