Finding a Maitre d'oeuvre/Architecte in South Finistère

Ronan

Hello all,

No sure if this is the right place or if anybody would be able to help but I'm finding myself in a strange situation:

I am French with my family originating from south Finistère but I have been living in the UK for the past 13 years (so don't know much of the "système").

My partner and I are just in the process of buying a small holiday home in Plonévez-Porzay which needs renovation. We're trying to find a maitre d'oeuvre/architecte but seem to be hitting the problem that no artisans are available to do any work on renovation and concentrate instead on new-build (of which there is plenty in the region). Even recommendations from family and friends seem to useless at the moment.

Any of you had a similar problem? how did you find people to do the work on your house?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I cannot help you with your original question Ronan, but I am near to completing a renovation of a holday home near to Plonévez-Porzay at Plomodiern. If I can be of any assistance for information about the area of souces of supplies I would be happy to assist.

Regards

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Ronan"] Even recommendations from family and friends seem to useless at the moment. Any of you had a similar problem? how did you find people to do the work on your house? [/quote]

Failing the family and friends I would have a look at yellow pages www.pagesjaunes.fr . For artisans (it wouldn't work for architects I think) I would have a look at the nearest restaurant that serves a 'menu ouvrier' at midi and note the names and phone numbers of the numerous vans that are in the car park.

Liz