Fair FX.com Has anyone used them?

just john

Yes, used the Fairfx card for three or four years and would highly recommend it. Obviously the rate doesn't match Currencyfair or the brokers, but it's usually the best of the pre-paid cards (€1.1690 as I type).

I use it for day-to-day spending and paying some bills; load it with a UK debit card and the funds are on the card within five minutes. Customer service is excellent.

If you use this link -  https://www.fairfx.com/ref/mum4e - you'll save the usual £9.95 initial card fee, and they'll give you (and me) an extra £2.50 if your first load is £250 or more.

HTH

[quote user="juswundrin3"]Yes, used the Fairfx card for three or four years and would highly recommend it. Obviously the rate doesn't match Currencyfair or the brokers, but it's usually the best of the pre-paid cards (€1.1690 as I type).

I use it for day-to-day spending and paying some bills; load it with a UK debit card and the funds are on the card within five minutes. Customer service is excellent.

If you use this link -  https://www.fairfx.com/ref/mum4e - you'll save the usual £9.95 initial card fee, and they'll give you (and me) an extra £2.50 if your first load is £250 or more.

HTH

[/quote]

Damn, I've just completed and paid the £9.95. Are you able to use it in France for Fuel, Supermarche BricoSheds etc? I have experienced problems with other UK cards in the past, Howabout the airlines does it get round their surcharge?

[quote user="just john "]

[quote user="juswundrin3"]Yes, used the Fairfx card for three or four years and would highly recommend it. Obviously the rate doesn't match Currencyfair or the brokers, but it's usually the best of the pre-paid cards (€1.1690 as I type).

HTH

[/quote]

Damn, I've just completed and paid the £9.95. Are you able to use it in France for Fuel, Supermarche BricoSheds etc? I have experienced problems with other UK cards in the past, Howabout the airlines does it get round their surcharge?

[/quote]

Hi

No problems with supermarkets or any other retailer, large or small, it's simply a Mastercard like any other. Also fine for cash withdrawals at any bank.

Afraid I don't know about using it for petrol out of hours as I always use manned stations.

With regards to using it with Ryanair, we certainly used to avoid the surcharge, but I've no idea whether that still applies since they introduced their own card and changed the rules recently.

HTH

[quote user="juswundrin3"][quote user="just john "]How about the airlines does it get round their surcharge? [/quote]

With regards to using it with Ryanair, we certainly used to avoid the surcharge, but I've no idea whether that still applies since they introduced their own card and changed the rules recently.

[/quote]

It can be used without incurring fees for Ryanair flights that originate outside the UK, either single or return, but will now incur charges if used to purchase single or return flights which originate within the UK.