Electrican

Jez

I am approved electrican in the Uk and I am moving to france.
What would I need to do to be able to work as a sparks in France

If anyone knows or who I could contact I would be very greatful

Regards
Jez

You need to register at the local Chambre de Metiers and produce your qualifications or proof of running a business with accounts etc for the past few years. You will then have to pay to attend a full 5-day intensive course in French on how to run a business in France and if you complete that you will be given an attestation and then go into the system which takes about two months. Be warned that from completing the course you will then be registered to pay TVA,have to pay high social charges and won't make a fortune in France. You will also need to get an accountant and set your business up with advertising in French or back inthe UK with various publications like LF etc. You won't be able to open trade accounts without a previous year's books. The other alternative is to look for an employer in France but the wages are not great compared to what you are used to and you do need to be fairly fluent in French as the employer will be investing a great deal of money in you with high charges. The working week here is 35/39 hours with hardly any overtime,if you are self-employed there is no limit. Working for someone else also entails taking a compulsory full medical every year.