starting a SARL

Cathouse

We are in the process of registering our business as a SARL ,and we have been given a list of paperwork we need to submit to the Chambre de Metiers .
Some being an announcement in the local paper in the legal notices, a statut and copies of our annual general meeting.
Has anybody registered as a SARL themselves and can offer any advice, it would be appreciated greatly.
Do we just give them a copy of our newspaper announcement and they put it in the paper or do we have to put it in the paper ourselves and then take copies of the newspaper with us, it was not very clear.As my husband pointed out we would be announcing something that has not been registered yet so would be illegal.
Also any ideas as to what we need to put into our statut altogether as we dont want to forget anything.
Thanks

Just had a long chat with my accountant this morning about forming a societe. my accountant is a cautious sort of chap but he was was horrified that I should even contemplate going the EURL/SARL route. He justifies this by the fact that for a business with a turnover of less than half a million Euros the fees are crippling, the bureaucracy is very complex and if you miss something it almost always reverts to the 'Tribunal de Commerce' which is always expensive. He has suggested 2 alternatives which are simpler but not often used because there is little in it for the lawyers and accountants (in terms of setting up fees):1). SNC 'Societe en Nom Collective' which has to be set up by a notaire and 2).'Societe de Fait' which you can set up at the Chambre de Metiers. Neither of these may suit your needs but, whilst I'm not as cautious by nature as my accountant, I heed his warnings about SARLs as any errors with French bureaucracy can cost you dearly.

Regards

Charles
http://www.hautefortrenovation.com

I omitted to mention that it would be a SARL famille, dont know whether that would make a difference.
We also spoke to a french friend of ours and he still reckons a SARL is the way to go because of the limited liabilities and the reduced tax and social charges on a society.
The laws also changed last year in regards to the amount of capital you now need to tie up, we can also put half of the capital in tools and the other half to be made up over 5 years so we dont need to tie up large sums of money.
I think we probably need to speak to an accountant first but are running out of time as we need to register soon as we have customers waiting.
Any more help would be greatly appreciated